The Chuckanut Manor has served the Skagit Valley and surrounding areas for over 50 years. It is located on the site of the original Chuckanut Shell Restaurant which was owned and operated by Adelaide Knauf. After Adelaide was asked to vacate the property (she made too much money) she moved her "Shell" up Chuckanut Drive to a new location overlooking Chuckanut Bay and Dot Island, but that restaurant burned down in 1948.
In 1934, this property was bought by the Tabor family from Bellingham. They built the home that is now the Chuckanut Manor Seafood & Grill. In 1963 the property was purchased by John and Carolyn Paulson, who in 1968 expanded the restaurant to its present size.
Pat Woolcock purchased the restaurant from his parents in 1975. He spent the next 43 years tirelessly working to make the restaurant the local institution it is today until finally retiring at the start of 2019.
Meagan Pickett took over ownership in 2019 and continues to honor the tradition of providing wonderful food and outstanding service.
victor marquez . executive chef
Victor grew up in a small town outside of Guadalajara, Mexico - right in the heart of tequila country. In fact, his father worked his entire career for various tequila distilleries. After Victor moved to Mt Vernon, he quickly worked his way up through local kitchens and, after a number of years as our sous chef, became our Executive Chef in 2005. His food is not only delicious, but beautiful. He loves living and cooking in the Pacific Northwest because of the amazing beauty of the area and bounty of fresh seafood.